ECS Engineering Services Ltd. acknowledges and accepts its statutory responsibility for securing the health, safety and welfare of all its employees and others involved with the activities of the company.
We will keep up to date and comply with The Health & Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation that impact upon our operations.
Ultimate responsibility for formulating the Health and Safety Policy and its implementation lies with the Managing Director, however all Directors, Managers and Supervisory staff will take steps to ensure our responsibilities are met, paying particular attention to:
- Driving a continually assessed and updated vision of the company requirements related to Health & Safety.
- A safe and healthy working environment with adequate sanitary and welfare facilities.
- The provision of adequate financial and physical resources to achieve this.
- The provision and communication of suitable and sufficient assessments of the health and safety risks to employees and others as a means of preventing injury or ill health. Safe Systems of Work will be developed following this Risk Assessment process.
- The provision of sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable our employees to avoid hazards and contribute positively to their own safety and health at work.
- The safe provision, maintenance and arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transportation of plant, equipment, and materials.
- Recognising the importance of all employees’ commitments to these obligations and encouraging their participation in all safety matters and embracing a culture whereby staff freely identifies conditions which may appear hazardous, dangerous or unhealthy and contribute to the resolution of those issues.
- The company will continually improve the effectiveness of the management system by setting Health and Safety objectives and targets as part of the overall Business Targets, and by assessing audit results, data analysis, corrective and preventive actions as part of the management review procedure.
Employees also have a duty to support the company by:
- Adhering to any and all of the requirements laid down within its policies and procedures.
- Reporting any accidents, incidents, near misses that may have occurred or any defects or other deficiencies in any plant or equipment in use.
- Engaging in any of the communication, consultation, training procedures that the company use to ensure each employee actively assists in meeting and fulfilling the requirements and spirit of Health and Safety.
- Embracing the teamwork culture to openly discuss issues to improve Health and Safety performance from their experiences.
- Being actively instigating and being involved in initiatives aimed at improving all employees working environments.
It is essential that feedback from management, employees, clients and other stakeholders is received and communicated to all concerned as an integral component of the continuous improvement process
The Board of Directors of ECS Engineering Services Ltd. fully endorse this Policy and will make it available to all interested parties via the company’s website.
The company safety policy will be reviewed every 12 months or as necessary and any revisions will be brought to the attention of employees.